Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Just A Thought


Helping people is by helping them with money, and moral support. You don’t go to the streets and giving money then you said ‘Spend it your way,then.’

Which do you choose?
A: You’re beautiful. I think the dress doesn’t fit you really good, maybe you need a bigger size, and you can add some accessories to balance the plain color. How do you think?
B: I always thought that I’m ugly. But there’s people out there that are uglier than me. Now that I saw one, I’m really sorry that I ever said that I am ugly. I won’t say that again.


TV is a crap thing. What’s more crap is the reality shows.

One of them is this ‘If I Become’ (judul disamarkan haha) and basically just doing this every episode:
A beautiful girl from the city spending about three days in a stranger’s home, and everyday she will whine and says like this: “I am so sad seeing this family..they are so poor..I was so lucky to have a job and enough food here.. while they suffer and I felt so bad for spending my money for something luxury but they had a hard time earning it..hikshiks” and then she will cry till the end of the episode.

I’m not saying the stunts or object is crap. The show itself is crap. And, yes, I’ve been dealing with all these people. And it’s not just for three days. It’s a lifetime choice, you know? And it’s tiring to watch everyday those skinny-pretty girls are saying, ‘Oh, they are so poor. Lucky me.”

Kasihan’ adalah bentuk lain dari sombong.

Ketika kita berkata, ‘kasihan’ maka keadaan yang tercipta adalah kita merasa bahwa kita lebih ‘baik’, lebih ‘beruntung’, lebih ‘diberkati’, lebih. Dan segala-galanya ‘lebih’. Karena ‘kasihan’ nggak mungkin dirasain kepada orang yang ‘lebih’ dari kita, kan? Yang ada juga ‘iri’ atau ‘cemburu’.
Iri dan cemburu bukan kata positif kan? Sama juga dengan kasihan.

Bahwa mangga menjadi makanan bukan karena dia merasa dia kasihan karena manusia butuh makanan. Bahwa mangga menjadi makanan bukan karena dia merasa dia wajib menjadi makanan. No. Itu adalah dharma-nya. Mungkin bingung kalau analoginya mangga.

Intinya adalah sebagai circle of life, kita memang sudah se-dharma-nya menolong sesama. Kata dharma saya pakai karena kata ikhlas atau wajib nampak tidak tepat,
Karena—ya circle of life tadi.

(go google ‘Dharma’ panjang kalau dijelasin hehe)

Back to the TV show, I was wondering what does the talent to after the big show? Do they just go back to normal life where they eat and spend money the way they used to and just consider the episode is just a phase of life? Or they continue helping the object or maybe others? I have no idea. And it doesn’t matter.

Back to this:

A: You’re beautiful. I think the dress doesn’t fit you really good, maybe you need a bigger size, and you can add some accessories to balance the plain color. How do you think?
B: I always thought that I’m ugly. But there’s people out there that are uglier than me. Now that I saw one, I’m really sorry that I ever said that I am ugly. I won’t say that again.

This is the same with:
B: I am so sad seeing this family..they are so poor..I was so lucky to have a job and enough food here.. while they suffer and I felt so bad for spending my money for something luxury but they had a hard time earning it..hikshiks

A: It’s good to have a job, any kind of job. We can make a betterment in life if we work harder. I see you like to sew, do you want to go to sewing class? Maybe we can help by giving (money or whatever) to make your job and life here more comfortable. How do you think? And your life is so humble, reminding me of the complicated city where I live in.


Got the difference?
1.     We should appreciate people, whatever their job is (+++ ones) or how much money they earn.
2.     Helping people is by helping them with money, knowledge, and moral support.
3.     Helping is not just for one time. It’s a lifetime choice.
         
        And I think people are gonna shoot me on the head by writing this.hahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Journey. And Us. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.