Friday, March 16, 2012

Surat Cinta #18: St.Patrick's Day


Note: Try reading this while hearing the song. Make sure you notice the bold ones and read it while the lyrics in between was sing (Perkiraan saja)



Here

Do you remember those nights when I was scared that someday you’ll leave me forever?

comes the cold
Break out the winter clothes
And find a love to call your own
You - enter you
Your cheeks a shade of pink
And the rest of you in powder blue

Me: “Grandma?”
Her: “Yes?”
Me: “Happy birthday, I saved money for your present.”
Her: “Let’s eat junk food and ice cream!”

Who knows what will be
But I'll make you this guarantee,see

Her:  How many years more you want me to live?
Me: Fifty! Fifty and another fifty! You have to see me graduate, works, get married, have children, and then we both grow old together.”
….and then you cried and hug me and said,
“Yes, I’ll live for another one hundred years and we’ll grow old together.”

No way November will see our goodbye
When it comes to December it's obvious why
No one wants to be alone at Christmas time

Her: (reading my letter made in K-Mart in front of families while we’re having BBQ outside Seattle)

In the dark,

 “ ‘Dear Grandma, happy birthday, I’m sorry I don’t have any present, but I promised I will made you something.”

Me: (age 7, blushing) “Can we start the barbeque, please? And don’t read the letter loudly again.”
Family: (Laughing)

on the phone
You tell me the names of your brothers
And your favorite colors
I'm learning you
And when it snows again
We'll take a walk outside
And search the sky
Like children do
I'll say to you

Me: Where are you going? I’m going too!
Her: Really?
Me: “Yeah, we’re roomates and fighting partner at the same time, right?”

No way November will see our goodbye
When it comes to December it's obvious why
No one wants to be alone at Christmas time
And come January we're frozen inside
Making new resolutions a hundred times
February, won't you be my valentine?

Her: “Who’s going to take care of you when I’m gone?”
Me: “No! You can’t leave me! Who’s going to take care of me beside you?”
Her: “That’s what I’m thinking all this time.”

And we'll both be safe 'til St. Patrick's Day

We should take a ride tonight around the town
and look around at all the beautiful houses
something in the way that blue lights on a black night
can make you feel more

Me: “Why can’t I be like normal kids who goes everywhere with their mom?”
Her: “You’re my youngest daughter”

everybody, it seems to me, just wants to be
just like you and me

No one wants to be alone at Christmas time
Come January we're frozen inside
Making new resolutions a hundred times
February, won't you be my valentine?

Do you remember those nights when I was scared that someday you’ll leave me forever?

And if our always is all that we gave
And we someday take that away
I'll be alright if it was just 'til St. Patrick's Day

(These are the real conversations I had with my grandmother. She died of pancreas cancer in April 21st, 2006 when I was 16 years old. It’s been almost six St.Patrick’s day, after she never came home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Journey. And Us. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.